1. Use the addition (+) sign to successfully get all of the terms in your search results. So: ‘+internet +marketing +strategies’ can get you results containing all those words, taking away web pages that only contain ‘internet’.
2. Use the subtraction (-) sign to exclude references that you’re not interested in. For example, if you’re not enthusiastic about web pages that discuss viral marketing, enter: ‘internet marketing strategies -viral’.
3. Sometimes, your pursuit terms could be remote from one another with a website. To ensure your terms appear together in the phrase, organize them in double quotations, similar to this: “internet marketing strategies”. This is also useful when you wish to look for specific topics, like “how to eliminate spyware”, rather than obtaining the terms scattered all over.
4. If you are looking for any word definition, Google features a tool to suit your needs. Just type: ‘define: widget’ to obtain a concept of the phrase from online dictionaries and glossaries.
5. Google even performs calculations. For example, enter ‘1+2+3’ and then click ‘search’ to get the result. It can also perform unit conversions like from miles to kilometers. Enter ’10 miles to kilometers’ and you’ll get 16.09344 kilometers.